Successful construction projects supervised by professional managers
A construction project features the following main characteristics:
- It requires the achievement of certain time, cost and quality objectives;
- It requires the construction of an autonomous organizational structure (network): the project team supervised by professional project managers such as Adrian Ionita from Ontario;
- It is characterized by a temporary feature, the duration of which is stipulated by the main contractual provisions;
- Its result is a construction objective (one or more building objects) of unique character;
- It requires the contribution of several economic organizations to achieve the construction objective, which poses particular communication problems and confers a high potential for conflict;
- It involves significant & diversified financial, material, human and informational resources;
- It requires the realization of various activities featuring complex technological and organizational conditions supervised by specialists in the construction management sector such as Adrian Ionita PMP C.E.T from Ontario;
- The actual construction process is mobile and is carried out under the direct action of various environmental factors. At the same time, the object of the construction is fixed.
All these factors or stages are essential for achieving proper results in the case of any construction projects. When it comes to the development of a complex project in this sector, there are several stages that form the lifecycle of the project.
Defining the budget of the project
After the owner (investor, initiator, client, beneficiary) has identified the need to develop a construction, he has to define its budgetary requirements and constraints. The definition of the project includes the setting of its general characteristics such as the location, the dimensions, the configuration, the performance criteria, the necessary equipment, etc.
At this stage, the general project of the future objective is established, this activity being under the responsibility of the owner, who can call on a construction designer. This stage can also be supervised by a project manager with a wide experience in the construction sector such as Adrian Ionita from Ontario.
Drafting the Technical Project
The design stage consists of the development of the pre-feasibility and the feasibility studies. When the decision to work on the project is taken, this stage ends with the process of drafting the technical project. In practice, some stages involved in the contracting, the design, the supply and the construction stages overlap, the construction being carried out as the design stage progresses.
The design can be done by the beneficiary but because in most cases he is not a specialist in this sector of activity, he will decide to rely on the knowledge and the expertise of a specialized construction designer or a professional consultant in prefeasibility and feasibility studies. This stage can also be supervised by a project manager with a wide experience in the construction sector such as Adrian Ionita from Toronto.
Signing the contract and ensuring the supplies
Then comes the stage in which the project contract is signed according to the current laws available. A project manager with a wide experience in the construction sector such as Adrian Ionita from Ontario can offer his support in terms of contract signing and administration in order to help the beneficiary avoid taking any useless risks on the long run.
The supply stage refers to the ordering and the receipt of the basic equipment and the materials are necessary for the execution of the project, especially those that feature long intervals between the order launch and the receipt. The supply is usually made by the general contractor, by the customer or the specialized counsel supervised by professional project managers in the construction sector such as Adrian Ionita from Ontario.
The construction is the process in which the materials and the equipment are put to practical use. This involves processes such as providing human resources, the equipment, the materials and monitoring the construction work. The realization of the construction is the task of a general contractor who can execute certain parts of the work through subcontractors. The construction stage ends with the final reception made by the Beneficiary. This stage is usually supervised by professional companies in construction project management such as Adrian Ionita Ajax Ontario.